Tuesday, September 15, 2015

One Hundred Days Art Project Days 91-95

One Hundred Days Art Project Days 91-95
For the #roundrock100 art project, I decided to create fractal art with JWildfire software every day for 100 days. This is part of my journal.

Day 91- August 31- Today I worked on several attempts for the Letter I&J challenge. The first one used a final variation of juliac plus idisc. It wasn't the right dimensions for the challenge, and there didn't seem to be a way to add more colors to it. I forgot to save the parameters, so I'm not sure I could re-create it. The next I&J creation used loonie, log, juliac, and a final transform of idisc plus bipolar. It took four layers to get the look I wanted.



Day 92- September 1- Purple Snowflakes- I love purple, and so do several other people in the JWildfire Facebook Group. I made this picture with purple snowflakes, and then I saw Catherine B.’s mandala. We must have been thinking alike. A picture of snowflakes is a good antidote to a 100 degree day. Carol B. liked this picture so much that she made it her profile picture on Facebook.

Day 93- September 2- A combination of loonie2 and log_db. I tried some of Missy G.'s tips on colors.

Day 94- September 3- This was another of those days when inspiration struck. The first picture, Bubble Drip, started with a simple shaded bubble, and after a lot of changes it evolved into this final form. I used a sharper copy as the background, and another version with depth of field and bokeh bubble effects as the foreground. I had trouble getting the two layers to line up in the preview window, so I ended up having to report it as a bug in the software. The next design I worked on started with a gaussian blur, and then I added a final transform of hemisphere plus cylinder minus bubbleT3D. The different basket layers were formed by adding together several julia variations. It reminded me of the pattern in some large woven raffia bags that I've seen.


Day 95- September 4- A script is a piece of code for the JWildfire program that automatically transforms an existing fractal, or creates a new one. It can be set up to do the same thing every time, or have some parts that are randomized. For the jwf group, if you use a script, you have to mention who created it, and change the results enough that it isn't just a copy of their work. I usually like making my own fractals from scratch, but today I decided to try a new script that Missy G. made to create a grid. I changed the angle, perspective, and final shape, as well as adding circles, diamonds, and mapping another picture onto some of the tiles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment