Wednesday, September 9, 2015

One Hundred Days Art Project Days 71-75

For the #roundrock100 art project, I pledged to create fractal art each day for one hundred days. To draw the fractals I use JWildfire software from www.jwildfire.org.

This is my journal from days 71-75.

Day 71- August 11

This was another experiment with operators to make adjustments to the picture after the fractal is created. Here I made the flower, added a bump3D effect, and then gave it an antique coloring.

Day 72- August 12- Amoeba and Squares Within Squares- Robert K. from the JWF group wanted to know whether JWildfire could be used to add a pattern inside a masked area. It isn't possible, because JWildfire doesn't have all the graphics tools of something like Adobe Photoshop, But I did find a way to make holes and rings by using circles of glynnsim3 on alternating layers. Here are two of the results that I shared with the JWF group.


Day 73- August 13- Mixed Feelings- this was another black and white line drawing that I colored in Paint. The first version I had posted to the JWF group didn't look good because I forgot to convert it to true black and white before filling it in with colors. The lines looked fuzzy and grey instead of sharp black.

Day 74- August 14- Beanstalk and Geometry Sketch- More black and white line drawings colored with Paint. I finished Beanstalk by adding the Bump3D operator effect. Each color has a different height, so it would not be as interesting to do with a two-color picture. With Geometric Sketch I was left with small white spaces that I wasn't able to color, so I filled them in with black to make the design look more finished.



Day 75- August 15- My G Challenge entry had some 3D effects. I used one layer with a soft, blurred look, and another layer with clearer shapes to give the illusion of background and reflections. Today I also experimented more with layers by combining a black and white line drawing with a second fractal that is shaded in color.


No comments:

Post a Comment