Tuesday, September 8, 2015

One Hundred Days Art Project- Days 66-70

For the #roundrock100 art project, I am creating fractal art each day for one hundred days. I am using JWildfire software, which can be downloaded at http://www.jwildfire.org.

Here is my journal for day 66 through day 70.

Day 66- August 6- Today I used operators to make a 3D version of a fractal I made in May. The bump3D operator gives different areas a height value based on the color.

Day 67- August 7- Bargello Balls- This pattern started with a combination of julia and bubble. Then I used bubble's built-in variables to add stripes, and linear to fill in more colors. I used the basic pattern to create a grid for the background, and then kept on playing with it to create the balls for the foreground.



Day 68- August 8- My next experiment was two different methods of coloring the same design. The first version has colored lines on a black background. The second version was converted to black and white and then colored in Paint by "dumping" different colors into areas with solid borders. The results are quite different, but I like them both.











Day 69- August 9- I worked on two entries for the Letter F challenge. The first one reminds me of the view of a city at night through a window. It used many f variations- fisheye, fan, flower, falloff2, fract_pearls_wf, fourth, flux, and funnel. The second one reminds me of a stylized painting of flowers and fruit. The petals of the flower variation are curved into brush strokes.



Day 70- August 10

Today I tried using idisc. I think I hadn't used it before because it wasn't included in the older versions of JWildfire. It takes a circular design and uncurls and stretches it out into a wedge. In order to make a complete circle with the results, I have to mirror or spin a few copies of it around the center.

No comments:

Post a Comment