Monday, September 14, 2015

One Hundred Days Art Project Days 81-85

One Hundred Days Art Project- Days 81-85
For the #roundrock100 art project, I am creating digital art every day for one hundred days using JWildfire fractal software. This is my journal for day 81 through 85.

Day 81-August 21- The first picture I did today was a random 3D flower. I simplified it and turned it into a black and white line drawing. Then I added color in paint, and used JWildfire operators to change the colors. I did the same thing on the second one, but after changing the colors, I added a fractal cloud to the picture. It gives a different texture to the result.

Day 82- August 22- This picture started with the same spherical variation that I used yesterday, but I finished it by adding zcone to make it 3D. Then I used post symmetry to fill in with more copies of the design.



Day 83- August 23- I worked on entries for the letter H challenge. The first one used ho and hypertile3D2, with a 3D effect added with JWF operators. The second picture uses heart, hexes, and hemisphere.


Day 84- August 24- I used the same process to create a black and white line drawing, add color in Paint, and use JWildfire operators to change the colors. I went one step further for this picture, and used operators to wrap the picture around a cube.  I made another post-colored picture. I also spent several frustrating hours trying to print some of the pictures I've done. The photo printer I'm using is old, and keeps jamming. For every 30 pictures I print, only 1 comes out. I found out just how wasteful this printer is, because it counts every jammed print, every time you press reset, every power on and off cycle, as a picture. And it will only try to print a certain number per cartridge. Even if I have 5 prints and 95 blank pieces of paper, it thinks it's out of ink! The good news is, I did not have to pay for the printer, the paper, or the ink. If I ever do buy a printer, it won't be this one.




Day 85- August 25- Today I made experimented with combinations of loonie and log_db again. It makes such interesting patterns. I also tried using juliac with the number of repeats set to .5. Most of the other julia variations don't have the ability so set the repeats to halves, so if you pick 1.5 it will round it up to 2. But juliac does the decimals. If you pick something small, like .1, it will make a blurry circle so it's best to stick to numbers that don't have a remainder. Add this to the list of reasons basic math is important.



No comments:

Post a Comment