Thursday, June 11, 2015

One Hundred Days art project- days 6-10

Here are more of my creations for the Round Rock One Hundred Days art project. These are all created with JWildfire fractal software.


Day 6- June 7- FlowerFace- I started with two crossed cylinders, and then added several julias. It was symmetric but reminded me of a face. I tweaked it until it looked even  more like a face with a crown of flowers. I might go back and work on the one without the face some other day because I like the branchy look it started with.
 










Day 7- June 8- Yellow Starfish and Blue Dolphins- I started with sinusoidal which makes a crisp-edged square, then julia’d it into a circle. I finished it with glynnsim3 which makes a smaller copy to fill in the center.













Day 8- June 9- Fiesta Moth and Orange Splotch- Today I tried to fix the fiesta that I started yesterday. It turned into a moth, and then the moth turned into an orange splotch. The orange splotch was too bright, so I added a dark blue background.











Day 9- June 10- Purple Wavewheel- After seeing a random that started with waves, I decided to make something that used waves, too. It took a few tries to get the scale right. I used 2 sets of waves, then julia’d it into a circle. I adjusted the colors so that it looked like shadows. I used Glynnsim3 to fill in the center, and then found that I could make it asymmetric. That might be a good way to create eyes. I used log to make it straight again, and then added that as a second layer.


Day 10- June 11- Dragonpath- I tried combining Julia and Log. After going through at least 20 different versions, I finally got a combination that I like. G. said some of the earlier versions reminded him of a lawnmower blade.  I love how the details look when you zoom in. It reminds me of a fancy knitted sweater.

No comments:

Post a Comment