Monday, June 22, 2015

One Hundred Days art project- days 16-20

For the #roundrock100 Art Project, I am creating fractal art each day with JWildfire software. 

Day 16- June 17- Tile Column- Each time I open the JWF software, it loads a couple of random flames for inspiration. One of these looks like a ball floating on a grid. I tried to understand how it is made by deconstructing it. I’m still trying to get the hang of it. Today, I made Tile Column, but I still can’t duplicate the floating ball.
  
Day 17- June 18- Shark Flower- I started from a random flame that used synth. Synth has a lot of variables to adjust. This composition appealed to my sense of humor. It looked like a mutant flower with fins sticking out of it, like a cartoon of someone baking cookies for cats using fish pieces.
  

Day 18- June 19- Exploring with post_displacemap. This uses one picture as a texture on top of the first picture. I also tried color map, which uses one image as the coloring for the first one.

Day 19- June 20- I did more experiments with displacemap. I made a random flower, and then used a flower picture as a texture on top. It reminded me of flowered wallpaper. Then I tried taking a flower, and stretching it into a straight line with log.


Day 20- June 21- I started with random flowers again, and modified them. First, I got one to look like a spiral. Then I changed it all the way to a sunflower. 

Don T. posted a fractal as inspiration, for other people to use as a starting point. My mom made a variation of it, and hers looks like recycled circuit boards. Mine looks misty, like light shining through crystal.



No comments:

Post a Comment