Friday, June 19, 2015

One Hundred Days art project- days 11-15

For the #roundrock100 art project, I am creating fractal art each day. These are all created with JWildfire software. I have included modified thumbnails of other artists' pictures from the JWildfire Facebook group because they are part of the story, but the originals may not be used for any reason without their permission. 

Day 11- June 12- Rhodonea Tiles- The Fractal Fun Challenge group on Facebook had a challenge to use new variations in JWildfire 2.5. I used rhodonea, which looks like a wreath of circles (kind of like a spirograph). I tried combining it with several things, including bubbles, diamond, and cylinder, and got some interesting results. They remind me of wallpaper.


Day 12- June 13 Today, I started a 3-day project with some other members of the JWF Facebook group, called a “Pong”. One person makes a design, and then the artists ping-pong it back and forth, making modifications. In one series, Eric K. started with a flame called “Flower Shells”, I responded with “Sunflower”. Then he answered with “Eyeball” and I added “Lizard Print”, and he ended the series with Electrofan.



Day 13- June 14- More “Pong” fun. I did back and forth creations with Eric K., Brad S., Don T., Robert K., Isabelle D., and MM. I created Cherries and Purple Star as part of one series. Quench and Tiger Lily are from two different series.






Day 14- June 15- One last day of “Pong” fun. Today, my Mom joined the event, and encouraged the start of a few new series. I started with Lavender Ivy, she answered with J-LeafStar, and then I finished with Indian Blanket. She started with 4J Ducks in a Squabble, and I followed with Fish.







 
Day 15- June 16- WXYZ Challenge for the Fractal Fun Challenge group. The challenge for today was to use any of the new w,x,y, or z variations. I made a 5-pointed shape with contrasting patterns, XY Starfish. I made Gateway with 3 layers combined to fill in certain areas. After that, I explored with some interesting shapes to create an infinity design. I tried it with a white background, but I like the standard black background better.







No comments:

Post a Comment