Thursday, September 10, 2015

One Hundred Days Art Project Days 76-80

One Hundred Days Art Project- Days 76-80


Day 76- August 16th- Two more black and white line drawings, colored in with Paint. For the first one, I left the small white spaces uncolored to show off the sand dollar look of the white circles with black lines. On the second one, I filled in all the leftover white spaces with black.





Day 77- August 17th- I used the line drawing I made yesterday as a subflame to create a more complex image. I still had to color each space by hand using the Paint program. For the Letter G challenge, I experimented with grid. I made a simple pattern, and then color mapped it onto a second design to create a tiled look.

Day 78- August 18th- I used operators to transform two more black and white line drawings, after filling in colors with Paint. For the drawing with hearts, I used the bump3D operator. The results remind me of cloisonné, which has enamel paint separated by metal borders. For the second design, I used the HSL gradient transformer. It mutates the colors in a rainbow effect radiating from the center.



Day 79- August 19- I used the Erode operator to make the black lines on the first drawing thicker. The erode operator doesn't seem to affect the colored parts of the design at all. For the second fractal, I used the bump3D operator first to make the black lines stand out more. Then I used a really cool wave effect to make the picture look like a 3D object. It almost looks like a piece of pottery!



Day 80- August 20- More fractals that started as black and white line drawings in JWildfire, then colored in Paint, then transformed with JWildfire operators.  The HSL gradient transforms plain colors into rainbow shading. But I still have to dump color into each area in Paint first- it does not work on black and white.


No comments:

Post a Comment