Tuesday, September 1, 2015

One Hundred Days Art Project- Days 51-55

For the Round Rock One Hundred Days art project, I am creating fractal art every day. I am using JWildfire software. The 100 days is half over, and I've seen some interesting #roundrock100 projects online. Here is my journal for days 51-55.

Days 51 and 52- July 22 and 23-

 More coloring book style drawings. Yesterday and today I've been trying to make a design that looks like hearts. They aren't turning out the way I want them to, and my son joked that some of my attempts look like butts. They were supposed to be hearts. Really.

Day 53- July 24th-






Another coloring book style page. This one reminds me of Dr. Seuss. The drawing has too much grey area to color completely. Fractals usually by definition include tiny copies of themselves, and there is a limit to how small of an area can be colored in the graphics program. Frustrated with the line drawings, I headed in a different direction and created "Ghost Ship". This used twintrian. I don't know much about this variation but the name sounds like triangles.

Day 54- July 25th-

D is for Diamonds and D is for Dragonfly. I worked on several entries for the letter D challenge, and these were my favorite two. I used only D variations in the first one. I used dc_linear, diamonds, and devil_warp.

Day 55- July 26- 

More coloring book pages. The first one has nice clean lines, but it isn't my favorite. It makes me think of a squished bug, or a flag. I like the second one much better. The borders are too complex to color in with the graphics program, but I will work on making a simplified version later.

No comments:

Post a Comment