Friday, August 7, 2015

One Hundred Days Art Project- Day 36-40

For the #roundrock100 art project, I pledged to create art every day for 100 days. I decided to make fractal art using JWildfire software. This is my journal for days 36-40

Day 36- July 7- My first fractal of the day was Peppermint Flower. It ended up with an interesting textured look, and colors that remind me of a watermelon. For my second fractal of the day, I created a simple shape using lissajous. Then I used that as a subflame to make a sunflower.


Day 37- July 8- Today, I made a very linear black and white design that reminds me of a spirograph. In Double Diamonds, I tried using a variation called scry that I haven't used much before. It reminds me of bats.


Day 38- July 9- Today, I made more black and white linear designs. I was inspired by several Facebook posts about coloring books, including one from the Round Rock Arts Council about their contest for creating coloring pages.

Day 39- July 10- Forest Flower started with log to make the fern shapes. I liked the delicate purple and green colors against the white background, so I stuck with it and created a second picture, Grapes. I like the simple lines. It looks almost hand-sketched (if I could draw well).


 

Day 40- July 11- Today I experimented more with rhodonea. The same combination yesterday I used to make Grapes, today ended up as a grid of Pinata Stars. Maybe I will play with some different colors next.





No comments:

Post a Comment