Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Fractals of the Day 4/19/2016


Cross Stitch Samplers #1 and #2.

These two fractals, created with JWildfire, remind me of a cross-stitch design I once did that had a simple pattern pre-printed on the fabric. I added a beige background to the fractals to make them look like cross stitch fabric. I started with two copies of the juliac variation, plus a final juliac to make the pattern repeat around a circle. I squarized one of them, which makes it look even more like a sampler.


Catching Reflections (Version 1-D5)
I've never used the post-processing feature of Mandelbulb3d before. I found a tutorial, but I really wanted to just play around with it first and see what I could create. I started with a JWildfire background, and then added plain spheres on top of it in MB3D. Post-processing added the reflections. Finally, I used a bump effect and color adjustment with JWF.


No comments:

Post a Comment